Thursday, February 28, 2013

Take a Moment Today

Oh boy.  Cover your ears... or your eyes for that matter.
This is a mushy gushy-licious post.
My apologies.

*

For those of you who are in a relationship,
for those of you who are newlyweds,
or not so newlywedded... let's play a game for a second.

Think back.
Do you remember that magic?
Remember those sparks that flew those first few months of your relationship?
Remember that first moment where you thought, game over: he/she is the one?

Man, did Scott & I have that.  Not at first though.
I was quiet, he was quiet, we never really said much to each other.
But when we did, we just clicked.  We meshed, like peanut butter & jelly, yo.
& After that, there was no stopping us.

I did some crazy stupid things. I guess we all do, when we fall in love.
At almost $4 a gallon, I was filling up my car with gas every. other. day.
just to make the hour drive from my parent's house to go see him.
That's insane-sauce.

7 months into our relationship, we were in love, living together, & engaged.

Bing.  Bang.  Boom. 



& now we're married.  
& some days, I wake up, look at him, & think...
Damn.  Where did all that time go?
( This is why we don't have kids yet... then time will REALLY fly)

So lately, I've tried to bring back the magic, 
bring back the fire, the spontaneity, the carefree feelings.
Because although I still consider us in the honeymoon stage,
sometimes marriage can get TOO serious.

Work.  Pay Bills.  Save Money.  Clean.  Laundry.  Dishes.  Take Garbage Out.  Eat.  Sleep.  Repeat.


Lately, I've tried spicing things up.
Dancing after dinner,
late night car rides with no where to go,
crazy fun photo shoots in the middle of a hike,
tickle fights before bed.

Sounds silly.
But that was us before marriage.
That was us when the sparks were flying.

The sparks still fly, 
but sometimes we forget the tickle fights,
sometimes we forget the paper towel roll sword fights,
sometimes we forget the midnight drives,

So, I challenge you... 
think back to that magical time,
& relive a few memories from that time.

It will make you laugh, make you feel closer,
& it will make those sparks fly so high,
you're neighbors will wonder if they should call the cops.


=)

6 comments:

  1. This is a great post and a great reminder to always work to add a little "spice!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, sometimes you gotta spice up your life! C and I just had a tickle fight the other day, and I was thinking afterwards- wow, it's been awhile! We need to do this more often! Sometimes the fun stuff and sparks get lost in the day to day- great reminder to bring it back!

    Left you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!!!! And I love car rides with no place to go! But seriously, it is too easy to get swept up in life and take everything too seriously and it's hard to pull yourself out of it. This post was so inspiring! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally true! gotta keep that magic flowing:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha LOVE this...VERY true! I've got some plans up my sleeve for tomorrow to celebrate 9 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock. I agree with ALL of this. As great as tickle fights are, I am beyond ticklish and normally end up hurting him somehow. haha. Kudos to you for trying to keep the spark alive. Even us newlyweds need that spark back ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I do try my hardest to respond to each & every comment! Love you guys! =)