Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday!

You are 109 years old today. 
& as weird as you are...
I am thankful that my Grandma & Mom
always read your books.

Whether it be Green Eggs & Ham,
or the Star-Bellied-Sneetches,
you are one odd, strange, yet smart man.
& we all should learn a lesson or two from you.


So, Happy Birthday to the man who taught us that...

"The more that you read, 
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go."

and to the man who taught us to...

"Be who you are & say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter,
& those who matter, don't mind."

and...

"When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour & blue,
when you start to get mad...
you should do what I do...
Just, tell yourself, Duckie,
you're really quite lucky!
Some people are much more...
oh, ever so much more...
oh muchly much-much more
unlucky that you!"


and of course my all time favorite...


"We are all a little weird,
& life's a little weird,
& when we find someone
whose weirdness is compatible with ours,
we join up with them & fall in mutual weirdness 
& call it love."



Wishing you the happiest of birthdays... Dr. Seuss!




 =)

5 comments:

  1. I thought when I read the first paragraph, this was going to be a sweet tribute to your grandfather. Haha, but I like it regardless:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. And I love the weirdness quote. I like to think that Zach and I fell into mutual weirdness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been browsing on-line more than 3 hours as of late, but I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It's pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you probably did, the web can be a lot more useful than ever before.

    my web site nikon digital camera

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blog often and I genuinely thank you for your information.
    Your article has really peaked my interest. I will take a note of your site and keep checking for new details about once
    per week. I opted in for your Feed as well.

    Here is my blog ... jobs in uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're fabulous for writing this post.
    Dr. Seuss is and always will be fantastic.
    Period. End of story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I do try my hardest to respond to each & every comment! Love you guys! =)