Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Future Looks.... Scary!

Ever think about the future?
I try to avoid doing that at all costs.
I really do try to live in the now.
Being married to Scott has definitely helped me.
He is the most "live in the moment" kind of person that I have ever met.

The future can be scary sometimes.
Change can be scary sometimes.

*

Buuuuut, this past weekend, Scott & I thought about our future more than we ever have before.
We made financial goals, discussed when we'd like to have a family, 
where we'd like to live & raise children & how we plan to do it all in 5 years.

In 5 years, I'll be 30!  It's so crazy to think that.
Being a kid, 30 always seemed SO old to me & now it's only 5 short years away.
So much is going to happen in 5 years, so much will change in 5 years.

& We both have never been more ready, or more excited.
The only thing that worries me is that it's going to fly by so fast,
& my goal is to enjoy every single minute of it.

One way that I plan on enjoying every single minute,
is by blogging every single minute.




I've been blogging since 2008-
& I still look back on old blog posts of mine
just to see how much I've changed, 
& to remember the great times I had in college.
Now I'm using my blog to document my marriage.

My parents read my blog, Scott reads my blog, 
my Aunts & Uncles read,
cousins, friends,
...YOU!

But I blog for me.  I'm documenting my life.  So I never forget it.
Life goes too fast.


30 is only 5 years away.
I have a lot of life to live.
Lots of blog posts to write.

*

So, grab a drink & some popcorn (put some hot sauce on it... it tastes better that way)
fasten your seatbelt, & heck... you may need to put a helmet on.
Then sit back, relax & read.

Thanks for following along with me!

=D

8 comments:

  1. Girl, try being 9 months away from 30!

    You still have a ton of life ahead of you and you are SO young. It is great that you guys are making goals for yourselves - especially financial ones. You will be so happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go lovebug :) It will feel great to meet those goals. So glad you guys had a big talk like that. It can be daunting to think about the future, glad you guys did it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you are just a baby! :-) I turned 31 in January and let me tell you, I don't feel old! It's funny, we went to a preschool parent meeting for my oldest last night, and as I was sitting there looking around I kept thinking about how *old* all the other parents seemed....and then I realized I was one of them and they probably thought the same of me! haha. I still feel 20...I wonder if my brain will ever catch up to my body :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about 30 seeming old. I'll be 25 in 2 weeks and I'm not at all nervous about it. I'm pretty excited about everything life has in store for me. It's been pretty awesome so far. Change and things like the future are always scary and intimidating. But just follow your heart and do what's right for you WHEN the time is right. Age is only a number. Not a deadline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just FYI, I love reading your blogs! I know exactly how you feel. My husband is more of the planner, but there are some things I just don't feel like I can plan, even though I try... now that we are having a baby, I find myself wanting to plan everything that I can. The future is scary and so are the changes, but there isn't much you can do but just roll with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayyyyy loveeee this!

    Baby announcement soon:):):)

    I am so happy for you and your family, it's sooo exciting:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right there with you.... sometime it's CRAZY to think, when did I get this old?! Where did time go?! Are we seriously discussing starting a family?! LOL... but yes, let's live it up. Every minute! Cheers to these years in our 20s of newlywed bliss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. For me 30 is only 3 years away, and I don't feel old at all!! Zach and I have talked about our future and I'm kind of excited for it. Well, at least the immediate future of planning our wedding and getting married. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I do try my hardest to respond to each & every comment! Love you guys! =)