Monday, March 4, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons

...make lemonade & then start singing
 "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"
one hundred million times..
& eat a whole box of Girl Scout Cookies.
(Specifically, Thin Mints)

*

Life isn't always ponies, princess's, & ballerina's...
or rainbows, sprinkles, & confetti...
or pink frosted cupcakes in pretty pink cupcake liners.
...however you want to slice it.

As much as I'd love to be happy-go-lucky all the time on my blog,
sometimes I'll have posts where I sound sad, frustrated, or even defeated.

That is the beauty of this little space of mine on the Internet, 
I can write whatever I choose to write & you (the reader) can choose to read, or not.

*

Luckily for you, I've decided to take all my lemons & make lemonade.
I've made so much, that our home is literally busting at the seams with it.

I also literally sang "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" several times this weekend.
It kind of drove Scott nuts at one point.

Oh! 
...and besides lemonade,
Scott & I... being the impatient people that we are,
bought some corned beef and made it yesterday in the crock pot!

Side Note: Scott & I absolutely LOVE corned beef.
My parents go ALL OUT for St. Patrick's Day & even though it's only 2 weeks away,
we just couldn't wait any longer when we saw the corned beef in the meat section at the store!

*

At the end of the day, it's much better to make the best out of not-so-great situations.
I'm learning to keep my head up, and focus on the positive things in my life.
My husband, our marriage, my job, my family & friends.  

...Besides, I'd rather have my home bursting with lemonade than with lemons,
unless of course someone passes me some tequila & salt, in which case, I'll keep the lemons. 

=)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you!!! You are a great inspiration for when time and people aren't so sweet :) Love you and keep singin and squeezin along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking things with a grain of salt and not feeling defeated is hard for everyone. I'm glad you've come up with a great method to stay calm and sort of sane by singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Side note, I love you for referencing Mary Poppins. Ironically, "A Spoon Full of Sugar" was stuck in my head alllll weekend. I'm dead serious. Haha. Keep your head up, darlin'. "Every storm runs out of rain, Just like every dark night turns into day"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality posts is the main to be a focus for
    the people to visit the web site, that's what this site is providing.

    Feel free to surf to my site twitter buy followers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how positive you are. You help balance us pessimistic people out ;) And believe it or not, I have never had corned beef and cabbage!! I always think about it, but we aren't big St. Patty's people. We're not too Irish in these parts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... how CUTE are you!? I really needed this post! I have a hard time admitting when I need an attitude adjustment. It's really easy for me to pout and be negative when things aren't going my way (but isn't it for everyone??) but I need to find the best in each situation! Even if that means "making lemonade" to make something good :) THANK YOU for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I do try my hardest to respond to each & every comment! Love you guys! =)